Since Mean Read started as a North Dakota politics and media blog on Sept. 28, 2016, we’ve published more than 100 posts. Here are the 10 most popular.
1. Desperate ND Gov Blames ‘Social Media’ For His Failure on DAPL
By far our most popular post, it’s a critical look at former North Dakota Gov. Jack Dalrymple’s assessment of the Dakota Access pipeline controversy.
2. North Dakota Highway Patrol Doesn’t Know About Hypothermia
After police sprayed pipeline protesters with water in freezing weather, the North Dakota Highway Patrol had a remarkably stupid response. “I don’t see what the big deal is,” a spokesperson said. “It’s water.”
3. ND Legislative Candidate Wants to Restrict Voting Because State is “More Diverse”
David Clemens linked voter fraud to diversity during a candidate forum. He still won a seat representing West Fargo’s District 16 in the state senate.
4. “Black Lives Matter” Billboard Goes up in Fargo
People were really excited about this.
5. Fargo TV Anchor Fueled Fake #NoDAPL News
An anchor at KVLY-TV in Fargo based a news report on an anonymous Craiglist ad claiming to pay people to shut down a mall in protest of the Dakota Access pipeline. The protest never happened.
6. The North Dakota Election Was Rigged
An examination of flaws in the election overseen by Secretary of State Al Jaeger.
7. This Photo Shows That North Dakota Is a Plutocracy
What do these men have in common?
8. Religious Columnist Says Fargo Abortion Clinic Escorts Are Donut-Loving “Wily Wasps”
The Fargo Forum’s religious columnist never fails to dazzle with her vile views.
8. Fargo Forum Opinion Page Publishes a Hoax About Clinton
10. ND Media Overlooks Women’s Political Milestone
Joan Heckaman became the first woman elected as senate minority leader in North Dakota.
Have a story idea or interesting information to share? Send it to email@example.com.